Wednesday, September 27, 2006

why I've been away

I took a break from blogging.

A couple of years ago I really became engaged in blogging on the blogs of others.. I was feeling around to find the gist of the emergent conversation, and wanted perspective on some of the issues facing followers of Jesus... how to love homosexuals, how not to buy into the agenda and ways of the talking heads that purport to lead the church, yet look little like Jesus.

Folks welcomed me, and I learned a pile in a short period of time. I eventually started "Not Safe But Good", and really enjoyed writing, but there was little conversation happening... it seemed like I was talking, yet it was less interactive than I was used to.

I've spend a couple of years in another venue... I've been writing in a forum. It has been working... I've continued to grow and folks have been gracious with me and my process. Most of this has occurred at John Eldredge's site, www.ransomedheart.com/forum which one has to log into, with a free account. I sincerely invite anyone who finds anything I've written as remotely interesting to check out this forum. It has the good, the bad, and the ugly... but mostly the good.

I'm undecided about blogging here... whether it's maybe too much Vern-centric... thoughts?

-vern-

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write Vern. I'm listening. I may not always post but I think about what you say. It's well thoughtout and makes me look at things differently or consider something I never saw before at all.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Shepherd Michael said...

Vern,
Don't quit writing here.
As I often say on the RH forum
when greeting a newcomer:
"Your presence welcome, your voice necessary and your sword needed."

And these things are very, very true. Not only on the RH forum, but here as well.
Blog On!
~ Shepherd Michael
www.pioneerseer.blogspot.com

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home